Subject: Time capsules

Time capsules

From: Frederick N. Honneffer <fhonnef>
Date: Wednesday, June 29, 1994
Here at Bowling Green State University's Center for Archival Collections
we receive numerous telephone inquiries  pertaining to the assembling of
time capsules, especially the choice of storage container and selection
of contents for long term preservation.  We would like to know if anyone
has gathered information on this subject or if articles have been
written offering guidance in this area.  We do rely greatly upon our
understanding of archival storage environments and the nature of paper
and plastics when offering advice but would truly like more detailed
preservation related information discussing time capsules.  Thank you
for your assistance.

    **** Moderator's comments:   Check CoOL, as this subject has come up
    before. Gopher to palimpsest.stanford.edu or use WWW to reach
    http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/

Frederick N. Honneffer
Document Conservator
Center for Archival Collections