Subject: Tri-Clean Laundry discs

Tri-Clean Laundry discs

From: Season Tse <season.tse>
Date: Monday, June 27, 1994
I would like to know if anyone come across Tri-Clean Laundry Discs
(distributed by Teldon of Canada, Burnaby, B.C.).  The product uses
activated ceramic, and it claims to increase the cleaning power of water
so that "it is possible to get clothes clean without using any
detergent".

There were inquiries about its suitability for washing paper artifacts.
I am little skeptical about its effectiveness.  The information I
received about the mechanism of cleaning was very vague.

I am going to get a sample and investigate further into this.  I would
appreciate any comments and suggestions you may have.

Season Tse
Canadian Conservation Institute

                   Distributed: Friday, July 1, 1994