Subject: Photograph storage

Photograph storage

From: Sue Dunlap <sdunlap>
Date: Tuesday, June 21, 1994
Our archives department was given a gift from the theater department of
black and white glossy photographs.  Most of them are 8X10.  The Special
Collections Librarian has been having her staff put them in acid-free
envelopes or folders for storage, each envelope or folder getting one
photograph.  This is a large collection, and they are using hundreds of
envelopes, thus causing a lot of needed storage space.  We were
wondering if more than one photograph can be put in a envelope/folder at
a time, maybe with a sheet of acid-free paper in between each one.  I
don't have any experience in non-print materials and would appreciate
any suggestions. Thank you,

Sue Dunlap
Preservation/Preparation Manager
Andrews Library