Subject: ICOM Resins Working Group Newsletter

ICOM Resins Working Group Newsletter

From: David Grattan <david.grattan>
Date: Wednesday, June 22, 1994
I am collecting material to put in the upcoming edition of the ICOM
Resins Working Group Newsletter. Currently the Resins Group is concerned
with:

   "all information pertinent to natural and synthetic resins found in
    historic and artistic works, or which are used or potentially can be
    used in coatings, adhesives, consolidants or other applications
    during the conservation and the restoration of historic and artistic
    works. Only work which involves the study of the fundamental
    properties of the materials is considered as part of this groups
    programme"

We also include materials such as certain polymers which are not
actually resins, but which are used for consolidation or coating.

If you would like to communicate information about your current work, or
the work of others (e.g. in industry) I would be happy to hear from you
so that I may include the information in our Newsletter. If you would
like to receive more information about being associated with the Resins
working Group, I would also like to hear from you.

David Grattan
Canadian Conservation Institute
Ottawa, Canada

                   Distributed: Sunday, June 26, 1994