Subject: Museum architecture

Museum architecture

From: Robert Cianchette <rmc>
Date: Friday, June 17, 1994
Sally,

Tell your architect to contact the American Institute of Architects
Library in Washington, DC.  I don't have the phone number on hand; it's
area code 202.  I used to be the reference librarian there, and I'm
assuming that they still offer the same services as then.

The library can send him both book and periodical bibliographies on
museum design and library design.  The periodical bibliographies list
the project name, location, and architect, and are very useful subject
surveys even without the actual articles.  I believe the bibliographies
are free to AIA members, and available for a charge to non-members.

If your architect is a member of the AIA, he can borrow books from the
bibliography via UPS for only the cost of return shipping.  He can also
request copies of articles from the periodical bibliography for a
charge. The reference librarian might also know of other useful
resources.

Again, this is the way things were when I worked there 3 years ago.
There may have been some changes since then, but he should definitely
give them a call.

Robert Cianchette
Davidge Data Systems Corp.
New York, NY