Subject: Dust jackets

Dust jackets

From: Linda Sootheran <sootheran>
Date: Wednesday, June 15, 1994
Several other discussion lists are discussing the use/nonuse of book
dust jackets in their libraries.  However, I'm interested in the
conservation perspective for the book itself.  I have checked CoOL and
not found any previous discussion about this topic.  If any of you have
researched or have had experience about whether to keep or discard dust
jackets as a conservationally sound practice, I would be interested in
your supportive arguments.  Thanks,

Linda Sootheran
Herrick Library
Alfred University