Subject: Photo preservation seminar

Photo preservation seminar

From: Doug Nishimura <dwnpph>
Date: Wednesday, June 15, 1994
It's seminar time again.  For those people not familiar with the RIT/GEH
preservation seminar, it is designed for more for archivists, curators,
historians (and others working with photographic collections) more than
conservators.  The key word is "preservation".  Conservation treatments
are not dealt with.  Faculty include Jim Reilly and myself as well as
Grant Romer, Debbie Hess Norris and David Wooters.  The seminar runs
from August 13 to 18.  The program fee is $950.  For more information,
contact (Mr.) Val Johnson at (716)-475-2736.

We tend to find that not only do participants learn, but we are kept up
to date with current issues that are important to photographic
collections. In addition, it seems to work very much like group therapy.
No matter how bad your collection problems seem to be, you can always
find someone with worse problems.  During non-teaching time, many
participants "network" with each other and this also seems to facilitate
problem solving.

-Doug

                   Distributed: Friday, June 17, 1994