Subject: Preservation Administrators Discussion Group agenda

Preservation Administrators Discussion Group agenda

From: Janet Gertz <gertz>
Date: Wednesday, June 8, 1994
The Preservation Administrators Discussion Group will meet on Friday,
June 24, from 2-5:30 pm, in the Fontainbleau Hotel ballroom A.  The
agenda thus far is:

1. Preservation and Digitization

    *   Which libraries are experimenting with digitization for
        preservation purposed, and what are they doing?

    *   Which libraries have begun to address the preservation of
        electronic media, and if so, how?

    *   How do preservation administrators see the interaction of
        digitization with traditional reformatting technologies in the
        near term?  Will we/should we continue microfilming and plan to
        scan from the film?  Will we/should we scan first and plan to
        produce film from the digitized file?  Will we/should we cease
        creating microfilm entirely?

2. The Future of This Discussion Group

    *   What should the focus of this discussion group be?

    *   How should the group be structured?

3. Election of a New Discussion Group Chair (volunteers eagerly awaited)

                   Distributed: Monday, June 13, 1994