Subject: Cleaning phonograph discs

Cleaning phonograph discs

From: Martin D. Jenkins <mjenkins>
Date: Wednesday, June 1, 1994
    **** Moderator's comments:
   This query comes from a person who is not on the DistList and
   will not see any responses that are posted here.  Please respond
   directly to sender and if of general interest post it here as well

A colleague suggested I post this question to the preservation experts.
Please respond to me directly, as I do not subscribe to this list.

I have an LP cleaning machine made by Nitty-Gritty Inc., of California.
The machine brushes a cleaning fluid onto the LP surface, and then
vacuums off the residue. I'm about to run out of the original supply of
cleaning fluid, and am wondering if I need to buy more from the
manufacturer, or if this is something that I can make myself. What say
you who know what is good for vinyl?

Thanks in advance,

Martin D. Jenkins
Music Library Coordinator