Subject: Polarizing microscope

Polarizing microscope

From: Robert J. Milevski <milevski>
Date: Wednesday, June 1, 1994
We want to purchase a polarizing microscope for our paper conservation
lab for fiber analysis.  After searching for an instrument which meets
our requirements, which includes a low price, we settled on (meaning
want to have a demo of) a Meiji Labax ML-POL Polarizing Microscope.
Does anyone have experience with one of these, or know of some
one/institution who/which has this model? Evidently it is a relatively
new instrument/model for this company and not many have yet been sold.
By the way, this instrument is nearly half the price of competing
instruments which have price tags of about $6000.  Thanks for any
assistance.

Robert J. Milevski
Preservation Librarian
Princeton University Libraries