Subject: Body secretions in books

Body secretions in books

From: Ralph L. Scott <lbscott>
Date: Tuesday, May 17, 1994
We recently had a worker bleed over a large portion of our stacks. (Cut
an artery on a light bulb). We handled the books with rubber gloves.
Occupational Safety Officer said the main danger was from hepatitis. This
passes in four weeks. Have books stored on book truck covered with heavy
plastic. The officer was going to check on AIDS procedure for the
blood. Has not gotten back to us on this after four weeks. AIDS not
thought to be significant in this case. Hope this helps.

                  Distributed: Wednesday, May 18, 1994