Subject: Real costs of deterioration

Real costs of deterioration

From: Sharon Partridge <sharonp>
Date: Thursday, May 12, 1994
The Colorado Preservation Alliance has a goal "to collect statistics and
other hard data about the real costs of deterioration in terms of
capital investment, replacement costs, and the hidden costs of not
having access to certain kinds of information (for example, the location
of sewer lines, the plans for and photographs of buildings being
renovated, land and water records, etc.) as well as the cultural costs."

In a hopeful thought, I decided that our volunteer organization might be
able to call on the Conservation DistList folks to see if anyone has
already done this or even made a good beginning.  If one of the
academics would like to take this idea for a research paper or article,
feel free, but *please* share your results with us.  Any help at all would
be appreciated since we are a hard-working but small group.

Sharon Partridge
Jefferson County Public Library
10200 W. 20th Ave.
Lakewood, CO  80215