Subject: Durability of printing inks

Durability of printing inks

From: Hal Bohner <bohner>
Date: Monday, May 9, 1994
I am an artist and am looking for advice.

I am interested in learning general information about standards for
measuring and specifying the durability of artist's media. That is, are
there quantitative measures for specifying the lifetimes of various
media?  Does a standards-setting body, such as ASTM, have standards
classifying media?  For example, I am guessing that a certain printing
ink might meet ASTM standard XXXX while another ink would meet standard
YYYY for permanence when exposed to natural light of intensity ZZZZ.

I would appreciate any comments and advice, however basic, since I know
almost nothing about this subject.

Hal Bohner

                  Distributed: Thursday, May 12, 1994