Subject: Workshop on library preservation

Workshop on library preservation

From: Regina Sinclair <sinclair>
Date: Thursday, May 12, 1994
The Milton S. Eisenhower Library of The Johns Hopkins University with
funding from the National Endowment for the Humanities will offer
hands-on workshops in basic and advanced preservation techniques during
1994:

June 7-10      Basic Techniques (includes take-home repair kit)
June 13-15     Advanced Book Repair
July 12-14     Treatment of Older Collections
July 18-20     Advanced Enclosures

No registration fee is being charged for any workshop this year.  These
workshops continue and expand on the successful preservation training at
Johns Hopkins.

Except for the changed dates, descriptions for all workshops remain the
same as in last year's brochure.  We have only a limited number of newly
revised brochures left.  (A brochure was mailed to each ARL library
director.)  Applications from qualified individuals are being accepted
and processed on a first-come, first-served basis.  Registrants are
responsible for their own travel and housing expenses.  Relatively
inexpensive dormitory housing is available.

For general information, please contact Ms. Stuart Ittner at (410) 516
8326.  Direct other inquiries to me, either via e-mail or by telephone
at (410) 516 5486.

                  Distributed: Thursday, May 12, 1994