Subject: Relative Humidity/Temperature Meter

Relative Humidity/Temperature Meter

From: Jack C. Thompson <jct>
Date: Thursday, May 12, 1994
During the recent interchange of information concerning
hygrothermographs, etc., mention was made of a unit available from Radio
Shack, the Micronta.  It took me awhile to locate the file, but in 1992
I compared readings from a dial hygrometer, the Micronta, and a DataBear
logger.  The temperature and relative humidity were as follows:

    dial hygrometer temp (F)  70           %RH  56
    Micronta                  70.3              42
    DataBear                  69.5              44.6

It may have been the luck of the draw, but my Micronta and data logger
have remained very close to each other in their readings, and I check
the logger regularly through a series of saturated salts to confirm it's
accuracy.

Jack C. Thompson
Thompson Conservation Lab.
Portland, OR