Subject: Preservation imaging projects

Preservation imaging projects

From: Dorothy Wright Moore <dwmoore>
Date: Friday, May 6, 1994
This is in response to Jeanne-Elizabeth Combs request for information on
imaging projects for preservation. In March 1993, the Electronic Imaging
Technologies Committee of the American Library Association's
Reproduction of Library Materials Section conducted an informal survey
to learn about the use of digital materials by scholars and others.  We
received over 30 responses from institutions around the country and
abroad with brief descriptions of electronic imaging projects currently
underway or in the planning stages.  In addition to these responses, we
have added descriptions of nearly 20 other imaging projects to this
list. I would be happy to send a summary of this list to anyone that is
interested.

We would like to update our survey with information about additional
projects or new projects under development. If your institution is
currently or has previously been involved in an electronic imaging
project to digitize materials in your collection, or is in the planning
stages for an imaging project, we'd like to hear from you.  To receive a
listing of imaging projects or to send information about imaging
projects, please contact:

    Dorothy Wright Moore
    Special Projects Librarian
    Preservation Division
    University Microfilms Intl.
    300 N. Zeeb Road
    Ann Arbor, MI  48103
    email: dwmoore [at] umi__com
    800-521-0600 ext. 4861

Thanks very much for your help with this.

                    Distributed: Monday, May 9, 1994