Subject: UV sterilization

UV sterilization

From: Bullock Alison <asb>
Date: Friday, April 22, 1994
Does anyone have any strong feelings about the use of UV sterilization
to "sanitize" books?  We've been discussing it, in the wake of a
question received from a local bookseller, and we feel it wouldn't be
desirable because of the likelihood that the UV would damage the paper.
We would like to hear other opinions/experiences. Thanks.

Alison Bullock
Preservation Librarian
National Library of Canada

                  Distributed: Monday, April 25, 1994