Subject: Preserving scent

Preserving scent

From: Bob Herskovitz <bm.mha>
Date: Tuesday, April 19, 1994
My suggestion as a way to preserve the scent in your perfumed book is to
place the book in a sealed pouch of one of the laminates that
incorporate aluminum foil (Marvelseal or Bell Fibre's Film-O-Rap). One
caveat, I think, is the same as with mylar encapsulation, i.e., pH, so
buffered interleaving probably should be inserted.  this solution will
undoubtedly result in some absorption of the scent volatiles into the
newly introduced paper, so there is a trade-off to be considered--build
up of volatile organic acids vs. some reduction in scent.

                 Distributed: Thursday, April 21, 1994