Subject: Preservation Intensive Institute

Preservation Intensive Institute

From: Michele Valerie Cloonan <iadwmvc>
Date: Wednesday, April 6, 1994
Brochures for the 1994 Preservation Intensive Institute, which will be
held at UCLA from July 31st - August 5th, were mailed in mid-February.
If you have not yet received one, or if you would like additional
copies, please contact me at: mcloonan [at] gslis__ucla__edu.  (n.b. that this
e-mail address is for the PII only; my personal e-mail address is:
iadwmvc [at] mvs__oac__ucla__edu.)

We will be offering the following three courses: The Preservation of
Moving Images (taught by Robert Rosen,Robert Gitt and other associates
of the UCLA Film and Television Archive); Beyond the Archives Wars:
Revitalizing Archival Practice and Preservation (taught by Richard Cox,
a professor at Pittsburgh and editor of the American Archivist); and
Designing, Teaching, and Evaluating Preservation Education Programs for
Staff and Users: What We Didn't Learn in School (taught by Merrily
Smith, Assistant National Program Officer, National Preservation Office,
Library of Congress).

Ten scholarships are available to ethnic librarians, archivists, and
curators or to those with responsibility for ethnic collections.

We look forward to seeing you this summer.

                  Distributed: Thursday, April 7, 1994