Subject: HVAC systems

HVAC systems

From: Annette Morris <amorri02>
Date: Friday, March 25, 1994
I am seeking information about two humidification systems, the Cool Fog
and the Humonics International Inc. (Canada) systems.  Our five year old
library building was equipped with the Cool Fog system when constructed.
This system has been unable to maintain an RH of 50%.  Our average
winter RH has been 20%.  Our Facilities Dept. is considering the
installation of the Humonics International ultrasonic humidification
system. Can anyone offer comments, pro or con, regarding the
effectiveness of either of these two systems?  Thank you very much for
your help.

Annette Morris
Preservation Librarian
Georgetown University Law Library