Subject: Time accounting

Time accounting

From: Martha H. Jackson <mjackson>
Date: Tuesday, March 22, 1994
I am conducting a survey of how conservators of special/rare materials
track the time they spend on treating individual items.

    1.  Do you actually clock the start/stop time of treatment or use a
        less precise but acceptably accurate measure?

    2.  How do you incorporate non-routine tasks (e.g., paste- or
        buffer-making) into the treatment time for individual items?

Please respond directly to me.  I will summarize the results and report back
to the List.  Thank you for your help.

Martha Jackson

                 Distributed: Wednesday, March 23, 1994