Subject: Administrivia

Administrivia

From: Walter Henry <whenry>
Date: Thursday, February 17, 1994
1. Mail Problems: Lindy has had some serious mail problems recently and
mail to consdist and consdist-request has been bouncing. If you tried to
send a posting and haven't seen it appear as of this mailing, please try
again. I *think* the problem is fixed, but if you get a bounce message,
please forward it to me. Thanks.

2. Gopher Problems: Those of you who are in the habit of using Gopher to
access Conservation OnLine, may have been having a bit of trouble these
past few weeks. Despite my repeated messages to the Gopher folks at the
University of Minnesota, they have not updated their WAIS sources in a
very, very long time. (The menu entitled "All the WAIS servers in the
world" contains about half of the known servers, and since CoOL isn't
there, the list must be well over a year old. The Alphabetical WAIS
listings date to last July. Do I sound peeved? hmmm.... )

In any case, since most of the world's Gopher servers feed off the Uminn
Gopher, most of the world's Gophers have outdated WAIS listings and your
poor Gopher clients are probably crashing to an untimely death as they
try to connect to the old CoOL host.

Until Uminn fixes things, one Gopher that I *know* is uptodate is

    Type=1
    Name=Conservation Online (CoOl)
    Path=1/library/disciplines/library/cool
    Host=dewey.lib.ncsu.edu
    Port=70

Walter

                Distributed: Thursday, February 17, 1994