Subject: Fume hoods

Fume hoods

From: Frederick N. Honneffer <fhonnef>
Date: Friday, February 11, 1994
Is there a preferred style of fume hood for deacidifying oversized
documents, specifically maps, posters and broadsides? We recently
received a brochure detailing various styles of hoods available from
Taylor.  We thought perhaps their series 100 model fume hood might be
acceptable for such use but were curious as to the style of fume hood
other document conservation labs were using and might recommend for
deacidification.  Thank you.

Frederick N. Honneffer
Document Conservator
Bowling Green State University