Subject: Administrivia

Administrivia

From: Walter Henry <whenry>
Date: Tuesday, February 15, 1994
Because the DistList has grown so large (915 participants as of today),
I am going to have to stop sending out ConsDir Updates. Today's update
will be the last.  From now on, I'll just let you know when a new batch
of people have been added and you can retrieve a complete and uptodate
ConsDir by anonymous ftp to netcom.com in pub/whenry or can use cool-cdr
to search for individuals. I'm sorry for the inconvenience that this
will cause some of you, (though I suspect half of you are breathing a
sigh of relief).  Obviously, those of you who are using IIMIMBU can
throw it away.

For a while, I'll still send whole ConsDirs to people who send the
message GET CONSDIR to consdist-request [at] lindy__stanford__edu, but this
service is being phased out (as is the Conservation FileList in
general), as the function is replaced by Conservation OnLine. CoOL will
soon offer Gopher and World Wide Web access in addition to WAIS, so it
should be much easier for most of you to get at it.

                Distributed: Tuesday, February 15, 1994