Subject: Infested Indian books

Infested Indian books

From: Ellen Belcher <belcher>
Date: Wednesday, January 26, 1994
Our acquisitions department opened a box of books from the Library of
Congress field office in New Delhi and found it to be full of white
larva-like bugs. We were able to contain the infested box immediately
and placed it in our blast freezer to kill the bugs.  We wanted to
inform the list in case any of you are getting shipments through this LC
office; you may want to check the boxes carefully.  The books in the
infested box are on legal subjects, part of a standing order through LC.
After the bugs are killed in the freezer, we will make an attempt to
identify them.

Ellen Belcher
Mellon Intern
Yale University