Subject: Photocopiers

Photocopiers

From: Elayne Bond <bond>
Date: Monday, January 10, 1994
This is in response to Rebecca Schulte's question re "book-saver" photo-
copiers.  At Northwestern we have 22 OCE photocopiers in the library:
17 are book-friendly; the other 5 have features we wanted that are not
available on the book-friendly machines.  The two model numbers for the
book-friendly machines are 1925 and 1725.  These machines are heavily
used by both the public and staff; they are serviced by OCE every day
except weekends.  The machines break down frequently; they certainly
need to be serviced each day.  This was our experience with other makes
of photocopy machines; I suspect any photocopier that is so heavily used
needs to be repaired and serviced daily.

                Distributed: Wednesday, January 12, 1994