Subject: Photocopiers

Photocopiers

From: Rebecca Schulte <bschulte>
Date: Friday, January 7, 1994
The University of Kansas is anticipating the replacement of about half
of its current photocopy machines with a new model.  Each time we
discuss how we should proceed the question of purchasing "book-saver"
machines is raised. Our Assistant Dean for Technical Services is
interested in knowing if any libraries use "book-saver" copiers as the
everyday, work-horse machines for heavy public use, and if so, what
models are being used and what your experience has been with these
machines.  Please respond to him directly at the address given below.

    George Gibbs
    Asst. Dean/Tech. Serv.
    ggibbs [at] ukanvm__bitnet or ggibbs [at] ukanvm__cc__ukans__edu

    **** Moderator's comments:   This should be of general interest, so
    post your responses to consdist [at] lindy__stanford__edu as well.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Rebecca Schulte, Kansas Collection
University of Kansas Libraries

                 Distributed: Saturday, January 8, 1994