Subject: Longevity of digital videotape

Longevity of digital videotape

From: Kim Schroeder <kimberly_schroeder>
Date: Thursday, December 9, 1993
I am working on a large image archival project.  We are looking to the
future of archives and I am hoping that someone on this list can help.
Has anyone any inkling of the longevity of new a new high-quality
digital videotape called D3?  This media is broadcast quality and my
client is interested in a high-quality, high-use answer.  Within five
years we hope to transfer the images to a computerized imaging system,
but currently the tens of thousands of reels of film need an
intermediate step.

Thanks for any input,

Kim Schroeder
Expert Research & Information Network