Subject: Crystal identification

Crystal identification

From: Mary Ann S. Tyrrell <20676mat>
Date: Friday, November 19, 1993
I'd like to thank Doug Nishimura for his detailed answer to my mystery
chemical problem.  Thanks also to other concerned folks who called or
emailed me on the list or privately.  Your swift responses were very
helpful.  The ORCBS officer must've said "aha" or "eureka" when I
forwarded the replies to him.  Once the chemical had been identified as
sodium dichromate, they found it in their MSDS file.  They sent me
instructions on how to pack it up, and some hazardous materials labels,
and I got it all out of the building very quickly.

Mary Ann Tyrrell
Preservation Librarian
Michigan State University

                Distributed: Thursday, November 25, 1993