Subject: Radioactive contamination of records

Radioactive contamination of records

From: Richard Pearce-Moses <iacrpm>
Date: Monday, November 15, 1993
As an aside to the question of radioactive records, I was looking at a
Wothlytype process photographs at UT Austin's Photography Collection,
when we wondering if we shouldn't be wearing those little radiation
badges... a Wothlytype is a uranium-collodion process.  Maybe there's a
reason why it never caught on?

Richard Pearce-Moses, Curator of Photographs
Archives and Manuscripts, University Libraries,
Arizona State University, Tempe 85287-1006
602-965-9276
Fax: 602-965-9169

               Distributed: Wednesday, November 17, 1993