Subject: Binding thick books

Binding thick books

From: Dina Schoonmaker <pschoonmaker>
Date: Monday, November 8, 1993
The Serials and Reference Departments at Oberlin are putting pressure on
Preservation and Preparation to allow them to have journals and other
serials bound larger than 2", which is our current standard.  What do
others think of this.  Oberlin's guideline was 2 1/2" which we lowered
to 2" several years ago.  My inclination is to stand firm at 2".  Thank
you for your help.

Dina Schoonmaker
Preservation Department
Oberlin College Library