Subject: Stockpiling Halon

Stockpiling Halon

From: Elizabeth E. Fuller <BM.EXF%RLG>
Date: Monday, November 8, 1993
   **** Moderator's comments: this message has been cobbled together
   from several separate messages

Walter,

I've been asked by my director to find out what other libraries are
doing about stockpiling halon and replacing their halon systems.  I
should perhaps add that we expect to replace our halon system several
years hence, when we will be doing major renovations, but are
contemplating whether or not to lay in a reserve supply for the time we
have remaining.

I have on file some printouts from the Exlibris discussion on the
subject in September, including yours recommending several articles in
the WAAC Newsletter... I'd appreciate anything on the topic that you can
send my way.  (I also searched cool and cool-cfl and found some very
good background material; now I'm looking for first-hand accounts.)

Elizabeth E. Fuller
Technical Services Librarian and Acting Curator
215-732-1600 ext 17
Fax: 215-545-7529
Rosenbach Museum & Library
2010 DeLancey Place