Subject: Crystal identification

Crystal identification

From: Adam Karpowicz <akarpowicz>
Date: Monday, November 8, 1993
I response to a question by Mary Ann Tyrrell about the mysterious red
crystals used as a humidity buffer in a kit, I am quite sure they are
sodium dichromate. I used sodium dichromate for exactly this very
purpose, the RH above the saturated solution is 52-54%. I would suggest
doing a test for dichromates (possibly with Ag+ to form a yellow
precipitate of Ag2Cr2O7?) Hope this helps.

Adam Karpowicz

                 Distributed: Sunday, November 14, 1993