Subject: Paper stock for rubbings

Paper stock for rubbings

From: Brett Charbeneau <bwchar>
Date: Monday, November 8, 1993
I was lucky enough to spend the better part of a week with Willman
Spawn, noted scholar of American bindings.  He has been cataloging
binding tools by taking rubbings of their impressions with very thin
paper.  He advised me to contact a publishing house that produces Bibles
and try to purchase blank waste paper from them for this purpose.  This
type of paper is stronger than typical tracing paper and yet thin enough
to record the needed detail.

Does anyone know of a source for this kind of paper? Thanks to all, in
advance, for your help.

Brett Charbeneau

                 Distributed: Monday, November 8, 1993