Subject: Book press

Book press

From: Mathew Simpson <mathews>
Date: Friday, October 22, 1993
We are seeking a source for a quick-release table-top book press that
has *two* posts (one on each side) about one foot apart.  The majority
of book-menders here prefer the quick-release style latches (similar to
Gaylord's Bookcraft (r) Book Press) as opposed to the
screwthread-with-wheel types, and so the search is on.  The one
dual-post press we have has no identifying features or trade names on
it, and it has been here longer than any of the workers. Indeed, we
suspect it may have been custom made.  If anyone out there knows of a
company or other source for this style of press, please contact me
directly at the address below:

Mathew Simpson
Conservation Unit
McHenry Library