Subject: Permount

Permount

From: Jessica Johnson <tqaa345>
Date: Thursday, October 21, 1993
I've been asked to help "preserve" (represerve?) soil thin section
mounts made by epoxying a polyester consolidated soil mass to a glass
slide and then covered with a cover slip attached with Permount or
Preservaslide (sp?).  This is a common technique used for soil
micromorphology.

The problem is the coverslips, they are all falling off.  Has anyone
dealt with this problem before?  Does anyone know who manufactures
Preservaslide? Does anyone know a good, stable alternative to use to
reattach the coverslides once we get them off?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Jessica Johnson

                Distributed: Saturday, October 23, 1993