Subject: Adhesive binding equipment

Adhesive binding equipment

From: Jim Wellvang <wellvang>
Date: Tuesday, September 21, 1993
I am looking for an adhesive binding system suitable for attaching loose
leaves and cover for "report-type" or ephemeral materials. These
materials are not intended for permanent retention in the collections,
but rather to be used with a fairly high degree of frequency for a
limited time period at a reference desk or in offices.

Velo-bind and three ring binders are our current in-house options.  I
would like to be able to supplement these two types with an adhesive
product. An old thermo-bind unit conked out aa few years ago and we did
not replace it because it's adhesive proved to be very short lived.

Any comments on products commercially available or other ideas for
dealing with these materials will be appreciated.

Jim Wellvang
Preservation Department
University of Texas at Arlington Libraries
P.O.Box 19497
Arlington, TX  76010-0497

               Distributed: Thursday, September 23, 1993