Subject: Digital photography conference

Digital photography conference

From: Lisa Mibach <perygrine>
Date: Thursday, September 2, 1993
This crossed my desk, and looks interesting, principally because of the
speakers, who are senior people in software (like

Robert Blakey, Manager, Applied Imaging Markets Development, Eastman
Kodak; Scott Brownstein, VP  for the Digital Imaging Division of Applied
Graphics Technologies (chief architect of photo CD); Tom Firman Director
Development for Contiuum Productions ["Contiuum was founded by Microsoft
Chairman Bill Gates, to explore ways in which digital technology can
give users unprecedented access to images, music, narration, video and
text.."], etc.

The program is called "Photography in the Digital Age: Technology and
Issues Summit" to be held October 4-5, 1993, Jacob Javits Center, NYC
11th Ave at 36th St, registration 800-800-5474 until 9/30; $650.00.
Organized by Knowledge Industry Publications, Inc., 701 Westchester Ave
White Plains NY 10604

Program sessions:

    image sensors
    digital studio cameras
    portable digital cameras
    scanning, Photo CD ("an archiving strategy, publishing medium, and an
        image distribution infrastructure")
    computer platforms for imaging
    digital photography
    archiving images
    image enhancement
    image output
    electronic publishing
    managing the transition

Wish I could go; if anyone does, please post a report here!

Lisa Mibach

                 Distributed: Friday, September 3, 1993