Subject: Regional disaster recovery sources

Regional disaster recovery sources

From: Linda Nainis <p00232>
Date: Thursday, August 5, 1993
ProText,Inc. distributes a list of sources of advice on disaster
recovery with the REACT-PAK, actually two lists: independent contractors
(consultants) and organizations.

In addition, we would like to include an appropriate REGIONAL list in
each REACT-PAK.  So, we are compiling lists for: North East, Atlantic
States, Southern States, North Central States, South West and Pacific
Northwest.

This project presents some problems--such as regional organizations that
define their constituency across the regions described above.  So far,
most of these kinds of problems are easily solved--like listing an
organization in more than one region, if appropriate.

The potential benefits to providing regional information make it seem
worth doing.

However, if anyone has begun such a project and discarded the idea, we
would be interested in knowing why?

Such a list may have already been done--and probably has been for some
of the regions at least.  But most of the lists examined so far--with
the exception of the AIC list for Midwestern institutions--are either
national or local (as part of somebody's disaster plan) in scope.

Right now we are working from mostly national and local lists to try to
compile regional ones.

If you know of regional lists, or have made such lists, would you
contact Linda Nainis p00232 [at] psilink__com?  Alternately, if you would like
to review any or all of the lists as they are being created, that would
be helpful too.

We are happy to distribute these lists, when they are done (if one ever
can say "done" on such a project) to anyone who requests them in
addition to REACT-PAK purchasers.  Thank you for your assistance.

Linda Nainis

                Distributed: Wednesday, August 11, 1993