Subject: Table for ultrasonic welder

Table for ultrasonic welder

From: Peter David Verheyen <pdvy>
Date: Wednesday, August 4, 1993
to mount the ultrasonic welder, I would say, especially after having
worked with Bill Minter for 2.5 yrs, that all the suggestions are good.
The one I would add is that whatever surface it is mounted on be
adjustable in terms of the angle and accommodate the welder and both
tables.  When the table is put into the flat position, for larger
objects such as posters, maps, etc, its height should be equal to the
height of whatever benches are being used.  This will allow the user to
weld oversized objects with greater ease, as they will be fully
supported making for a better weld.  If the table is not to be bench
height, its height should place the anvil (welding surface) at exactly
bench height.  The welder can then be turned so it faces the bench, and
the bench used as the table.  It may not be magnetic but the blankets
will still work by virtue of their weight. Sheets of galvanized sheet
metal could be purchased and taped to the bench, should one want or need
a magnetic surface.

This would be my major suggestion.

Peter Verheyen
Conservator, Cornell University