Subject: Table for ultrasonic welder

Table for ultrasonic welder

From: Bryan Draper <bryan.draper>
Date: Tuesday, August 3, 1993
We are in the process of designing a table/support for our Minter
ultrasonic encapsulator.  Besides Bill's recommendations that the top
surface have a 15 degree slant and that metal sheets be mounted on the
sides for storing magnetic blankets, what other ideas should we consider
for incorporation into our design?

Has anyone had any experience with the following?:

    a slanted surface atop a large flat files (leg room provided)

    an encapsulator & work surface mounted on separate trollies (as
        defined in Bill's memo  of May '89)

    a fixed versus adjustable top surface slant

    mounting of the control box (on separate table, above, below the
        work surface?)

We would be happy to receive your suggestions and advice.

Thank you in advance,

Bryan Draper
Conservation Assistant
University of Delaware Library