Subject: Mass deacidification test

Mass deacidification test

From: Cathy Atwood <cb522>
Date: Tuesday, August 3, 1993
The explanation of the Columbia test run included a small point that I'd
like to explore further.  After treatment, "The volume will be marked
with the infinity symbol on the spine."

The infinity symbol should be used in books which are printed on paper
which meets the ANSI standard.  Should it also be used as an indicator
of a deacidified book?  Can we agree on another symbol for that purpose?
What other labels or symbols have libraries used so far?

Cathy Atwood

                  Distributed: Tuesday, August 3, 1993