Subject: Archival quality paper

Archival quality paper

From: David Hedrick <david.t.hedrick>
Date: Tuesday, June 29, 1993
Our college's print shop recently encouraged us to begin using a
recycled paper (Hammermill Unity DP) because it is "acid-free for
archival permanence." I requested from the print shop a copy of the
specifications sheet, but to date have received only a copy of a sales
blurb/P.R. sheet.  Does this paper really meet the standards for archival
permanence?

Has there been an update of the "Permanent Papers on the Market" list
that appeared in "Abbey Newsletter"  v.14, #7, Nov. 90?

   **** Moderator's comments:   Ellen McCrady's "Permanent Papers on the
   Market" is mounted in cool-cfl but there is no reference to
   Hammermill Unity DP.  If you need docs for Conservation OnLine send a
   1-line message to waiscool [at] aldus__stanford__edu:
     INFO COOL

David Hedrick
Special Collections Librarian
Gettysburg College