Subject: Colored Japanese paper

Colored Japanese paper

From: Gudrun Aurand <aurand>
Date: Thursday, July 1, 1993
For hinge repair of leather bound books I use solid dyed Japanese paper,
obtained from Aiko's in Chicago.  According to their own information,
the paper is made from 10% woodpulp, 90% kozo.  What effect does this
have on the strength of the paper? I could not get any information on
how the paper is processed.

I am interested in finding a source  that uses all kozo fibers for their
dyed papers.  I tried to dye my own with water color but did not like
the results.  Maybe someone can send me a description of their own
successful dying; what kind of coloring agent used and how applied?

                   Distributed: Friday, July 9, 1993