Subject: Preservation Intensive Institute

Preservation Intensive Institute

From: Andrew S. Hart <ashst8>
Date: Monday, June 28, 1993
Preservation Intensive Institute
August 1-6, 1993, Pittsburgh, PA

A number of subscribers to this list have expressed concern to the
Preservation Intensive Institute about the upcoming registration
deadline for this year's program.  We will continue accepting
registrations as long as space is available.  However please note that
housing reservations should be made by July 19 to take advantage of a
group rate.

The Preservation Intensive Institute is an NEH supported continuing
education program in library and archival preservation. Courses will be
detailed examinations of 19th and 20th century fine bindings; scientific
documentation of preservation processes; and the preservation of
electronic formats.  Our instructors include distinguished scholars from
the United States, England, and Australia. Preservation administrators,
conservators, archivists, special collections librarians, and
preservation educators are encouraged to attend this unusual opportunity
for advanced level continuing education. Please direct inquiries to
Andrew Hart and Kirsten Jensen by telephone at (412) 624-9447 or via
electronic mail at ashst8 [at] lis__pitt__edu.

                  Distributed: Tuesday, June 29, 1993