Subject: Microfilm service copies

Microfilm service copies

From: Don Todaro <stoprot>
Date: Tuesday, June 22, 1993
We administer an NEH-funded preservation project filming embrittled
volumes of literature and literary criticism at the University of
Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.  In an effort to reduce costs and save
shelf space, we are considering changing our current practice of
creating separate service positives for each title filmed.  Instead, we
would like to produce single multi-title positives from each negative
reel filmed (8 to 12 titles on average).

We have resolved most of the bibliographic control issues including
local considerations, but would like to hear from anyone who has made
similar changes in a filming project regarding workflow, patron access
(boxes will be fully labelled and a 'reel contents' target included), or
bibliographic issues.

summarize any we receive for the list.  Thank you.

Mary Jo Zeter
Humanities Preservation Project Librarian

Don Todaro
Assistant Project Librarian

                 Distributed: Wednesday, June 23, 1993