Subject: Mold

Mold

From: Terry Kissner <tkissner>
Date: Monday, June 21, 1993
Karen Motylewski's comments on mold reminded me of an ongoing issue in
my library.  We place fragile and brittle books in phase boxes as they
are brought to our attention by staff at the circulation desk.  Recently
there has been a push to place moldy and/or mildewed books in these
phases boxes as well. Is this a wise policy?  If not, would somebody
please direct me to documentation stating exactly why not?

                 Distributed: Wednesday, June 23, 1993