Subject: Fax paper

Fax paper

From: Karen Motylewski <nedcc>
Date: Friday, June 4, 1993
We've had a number of inquiries recently about the preservation of
original, deteriorating Fax documents (for legal purposes).  Can anyone
point me to a literature source for information about the
characteristics of thermofax technology or the nature of the paper and
its chemistry?  I assume it's chemically coated with something that gets
thermally developed??  Has anyone ever had to treat this stuff? Thanks
for any assistance you can offer.

Karen Motylewski
Northeast Document Conservation Center

                  Distributed: Wednesday, June 9, 1993