Subject: Plants in the library

Plants in the library

From: Sara R. Williams <williams_s>
Date: Monday, May 24, 1993
Does anyone have any information on possible problems caused by keeping
plants in the library?  We have some large specimen plants in public
areas (not in the bookstacks), but some members of the staff like to
have a few houseplants in their offices or workspaces as well.  My
initial concern is about the possibility of damage while these plants
are being watered, but are there other things to worry about?  Mold,
insects, etc.?  If you have any interesting horror stories, please share
them.

   **** Moderator's comments:   There was a good discussion about this
   subject very recently on one of the Library-oriented lists, but I
   can't for the life of me remember which one. There were some good
   problems with plants. If someone can tell me which list had this
   discussion, I'll do a database search and post the results

                   Distributed: Tuesday, May 25, 1993