Subject: IPI storage guide for acetate film

IPI storage guide for acetate film

From: Doug Nishimura <dwnpph>
Date: Monday, May 17, 1993
To all people who have ordered the IPI Storage Guide for Acetate Film,
thank you for your patience.  Orders should be going out in the next
week or so.  The reason for the wait has been the instruction book. It
was originally intended to be a short 6 to 10 page booklet describing the
use of the wheel, table and contour plot.  During the last couple of
months, it has taken on a life of its own and has grown to include
identification of film supports (including a film support/film type/date
used table which tells you that if you have professional black-and-white
sheet film from years X through Y, then it is likely nitrate (or acetate
or polyester) etc), film support history, and a general guide for
storage of photographic materials.  The last version that I read (for
technical content) was 27 pages long, but it has been slightly abridged
since then.

We have received 2 sets of proofs so far (you know, the blue things) and
have made corrections (lines in wrong places, shading pattern wrong,
etc.)

You have not been forgotten and, as I say, the guides should be mailed
within a week or so.

Many thanks.

-Doug

                   Distributed: Monday, May 17, 1993